Posted: Oct 13, 2017
Redlands at Chapman
Saturday, October 14, 2017
Wilson Field at Chapman Stadium
Live Stats | Video
• A battle of SCIAC unbeatens is on tap for Saturday when Chapman (2-0) hosts Redlands (2-0). The Panthers and Bulldogs are two of the three teams left unbeaten through the first two weeks of SCIAC play. Claremont-Mudd-Scripps is also 2-0 and travels to Cal Lutheran this week.
• At 5-15-1, Chapman's matchup with Redlands has been the least favorable against any team in the SCIAC. The Panthers won back-to-back games against Redlands in 2014 and 2015 but fell at Redlands last year 31-13.
• Senior Joe Mudie had another outstanding game, running for a season-high 131 yards and gaining a career-best 151 all-purpose yards. Mudie ranks sixth in the nation with 7.8 yards per carry and 43rd with 105.3 yards per game.
• Junior Marek Spooner-LeDuff pulled down an interception for the third time in the Panthers' first four games to end Whittier's first drive and then came away with another one just three plays into the next drive. His four interceptions overall rank second in the SCIAC but his three in SCIAC games is the most in the conference.
• Spooner-LeDuff's four picks already ties for the seventh-highest single season total in school history. His 81 return yards off those four INTs ranks sixth. He ranks third in the nation in interceptions per game.
• Redlands has put up impressive numbers on both sides of the ball, ranking 14th in Division III in scoring offense and 14th in scoring defense. Their 11 interceptions ranks 12th in the country. The turnover margin of +2.5 ranks third nationally. Daniel Gonzales has six interceptions already this year. Chapman ranks 32nd in the same category with a +1 turnover margin this year.
• The Bulldogs and Panthers rank 1-2, respectively, in total offense through four games this year. Senior Jacob Isabel leads a balanced scoring attack with a touchdown per game average. He has caught three TDs and returned a kickoff for another TD. He ranks 19th nationally with 162.8 all-purpose yards per game.