Whittier (0-8, 0-6 SCIAC) at Chapman (3-5, 3-3 SCIAC)
Saturday, November 14, 2015
Wilson Field at Ernie Chapman Stadium
Senior Day at 12:40 p.m. | Kickoff at 1 p.m.
• Today, the Panthers honor the graduating senior class of 2015. This year's graduating class is one of the most successful in Chapman history.
• This class led the Chapman football program through a transition into the SCIAC, peaking last year with a perfect 7-0 conference record.
JEREMIAH'S LAST GAME
• Jeremiah McKibbins has certainly etched his name into Chapman history with a near rewrite of the rushing records.• With 131 yards last week, McKibbins clinched another career record. Even if he doesn't gain a yard today, he will own the career yards per game record.
• At just under 10 points per game, McKibbins is also Chapman's all-time leading scorer with 43 total touchdowns.
• Despite missing a game this season, he still is tied for the SCIAC lead with 16 TDs and ranks eighth in Division III. His 13.7 points per game ranks fifth in the nation. His 138.3 yards per game also ranks 15th in the nation and is third in the run-heavy SCIAC.
TURNOVER BATTLE WIN
• Last week, the Panthers defense forced three fumbles and picked off a pass. Special teams forced another fumble and blocked two kicks. The offense turned the ball over only once.
• In SCIAC games, Chapman has turned the ball over only three times - throwing one INT and losing two fumbles. On the other side, the Panthers have forced 10 turnovers, jumping on six fumbles and picking off four passes.
• McKibbins has not lost a fumble in four years and has put the ball on the ground only twice.
• Chapman owns a decisive 14-3 advantage in the all-time matchup with Whittier. The Panthers have won the last five matchups with the Poets, dating back to 2010.
• Whittier's last win came at Ernie Chapman Stadium in 2009 with a 21-6 final score. However, Chapman is 8-2 over the last ten years over the Poets.
• Chapman has played well in its last two games at home and will look to continue that streak to send the seniors out on a high note. Whittier is winless this year, giving up 46.5 point and over 500 yards per game.
by Steven Olveda
Sports Information Director